The Inaugural Austin Haunted Half is here! Are you Ready? Bring your best costume or come ready to get your PR! This course is spooky, fast, and fun!
Race Date: October 22, 2017
Start Time: Half: 8:00 a.m. 5K: 8:30 a.m. Kid’s Run: 11:00 a.m.
Start/Finish: Travis County Exposition Center (7311 Decker Ln, Austin, TX 78724)
Expo: October 21st, 2017 at Travis County Exposition Center
Half Marathon Course
The Course is an incredibly spooky run through the haunted hills that surround the cursed waters of Walter E. Long Lake. All participants are required to sign waivers in case they are consumed by the ghost of the Lady of the Lake during this Halloween’s Haunted Half Marathon.
Start Time: 8:00 a.m.
Bring your friends and try to survive the Haunted 5k, a terrifying trot past slaughterhouses and abandoned rail-roads. We always recommend that you bring friends that you can outrun just in case. Dress your best to win prizes for being the most horrifying creature in this creepy 5K.
Start Time: 8:30 a.m.
Our Haunted Kid’s Dash is a race for all the gremlins out there; it winds through the decrepit country roads of the Travis County Expo Center. Ages 12 and under.
Start Time: 11:00 a.m.
We are so excited to have your child participate in the kids run! While not required, we welcome you to run with your kids! You do not need to purchase a bib# if you are running with your child.
All participants who wish to receive a medal must be wearing a bib number.
All Participants will receive:
- Technical Long sleeve shirt
- Gloves (Half Marathon only)
- Orange Jack-O-Lantern Nylon Bag
- Halloween Goodies
- Sponsor SWAG
- Finisher Medal**Finisher Medals are given to registered participants with a race bib only after finishing the race.
Travis County Exposition Center
7311 Decker Ln, Austin, TX 78724
Date and Time:
Saturday October 21st, 2017
10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
All participants need to come to the expo to pick up their packet, bib number, shirt, and other goodies the day before the race. You must have a photo ID to pick up your packet. You may pick up someone else’s packet if you have a copy of their photo ID and a note signed by them.
Packets will NOT be available to pick up the morning of the race. If you are for some reason unable to pick up your packet from the expo please send us an email.
you can email us at: email@example.com
- Headless Horseman (to start the race!)
Huge Jack-O-Lantern Finish
Where there will be a huge party!
- Doughnuts on a string
- Bounce Houses
- Costume Contest
- Sponsor Swag
- Awesome Finisher Medals **Finisher Medals are given to registered participants with a race bib only after finishing the race.
Awards will be given to the top 3 Male and Female finishers in the Half Marathon and 5k.
Age group awards will also be awarded to the top 3 male and female finishers in the following age groups:
Age Divisions Half
- 14 & Under
- 70 & Over
Age Divisions 5K
- 10 & Under
- 70 & Over
Awards will be given for overall and age group winners.
5k Awards: 9:30a.m. Half Marathon Awards: 10:30 a.m.
Trilogy awards will be handed out at the Runtastic Awards Tent after the race. If you ran your third Runtastic race and earned your trilogy medal at the Haunted Half come to the Awards tent after the race. Don’t worry about bringing verification. All we need is your name and our staff will do the rest to look up previous finishes and award you with the coveted and well earned Trilogy Medal. More Info
Fuel Stations will be at miles 3, 5 ,7 ,9, 11 & 12 for the
Half Marathon and at mile 2 for the 5K.
Water, Powerade, and Portapotties will be at each
Fuel station. Gu will be at mile 7.
The following prices are for the Half Marathon.
- $64.95 March 1st through May 31st
- $79.95 June 1st through August 31st
- $89.95 September 1st through September 3oth 2017
- $99.95 October 1st through October 14th 2017
- $109.95 October 15th through October 21st Until 6:00pm
- NO DAY OF REGISTRATIONS
The following prices are for the 5K.
- $19.95 March 1st through May 31st
- $24.95 June 1st through August 31st
- $29.95 September 1st through September 3oth 2017
- $34.95 October 1st through October 14th 2017
- $39.95 October 15th through October 21st Until 6:00pm
- NO DAY OF REGISTRATIONS
The following prices are for the Kid’s Run.
- $11.95 March 1st through May 31st
- $14.95 June 1st through September 3oth 2017
- $17.95 October 1st through October 14th 2017
- $19.95 October 15th through October 21st Until 6:00pm
- $25 Day Of Registration (At the blue Runtastic Info Tent only)
During registration make sure to use the Facebook share option for $5 off registration
Friends & Family Discount
You will receive an automatic 15% off when you register 4 or more people at the same time
Refunds: Due to extensive logistical planning and commitments made in the race production process we have a strict no refund policy. We do however have options to change categories, transfer to another Runtastic Race or defer your entry to next years race. The Transfer Fee is $8 before 10/1/17 and $25 before 10/15/17.
Use the following link to update your information, change race categories or defer to another Runtastic Event.
To see our other races visit www.RuntasticEvents.com
WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY TYPE OF TRANSFERS OR DEFERRALS 21 DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT