Utah’s favorite party run! Come R.I.P. (Run, Indulge, Party) with us at the Haunted Half this October. Dress up in your best non-chafing costume and get ready to run for your lives…and treats of course. With the option to run in the half marathon, 5K, or Halloween Half Mile this cursed course is great for all abilities! The party begins at the Expo, continues at the Start, goes off the charts along the beautiful downhill course, and just when you think you can’t take any more…the Fear Factory Finish is there to give you that much needed ego boost and reward you with a festival full of music, food, games, contests, and spooky fun things!
Date & Location
October 31, 2020
Finish: University Place Mall (575 E University Pkwy, Orem, UT 84097)
Route: Provo Canyon
Half: 8:30 am
5K: 9:00 am
1/2 mile: 11:30 am
1/2 mile: $9.95
University Place Mall from 5:45 a.m to 7:15 a.m. You must be to bus loading by 6:45 a.m. to guarantee transportation to the start. If you miss the bus you forfeit your registration and ability to run the race. We want you to enjoy the race so please be prompt. We offer plenty of free parking at University Place Mall for the shuttle
All half marathon runners must ride the buses to the starting area. Your bib is required to get on a bus. Buses depart University Place Mall from 5:45 a.m to 7:15 a.m. We know it’s early! Please make every effort to arrive early with time to spare so that the race can start on time.
Getting to the start early will allow you to experience more of the spooky canyon atmosphere, access toilets first, and participate in the costume contest. GET THERE EARLY!
Only the half marathon will require bus shuttling.
Race Shirt (Tech Tee)
Nylon Race Bag
- Fear Factory Finish
- Halloween treats
- Sponsor swag
- Free social media photo download
Haunted Half Promo Video:
Half Marathon Course Map:
Down Beautiful Provo Canyon
5K Course Map:
This loop course starts and finishes at University Place Mall and takes you through spooky Carterville Road.
Halloween Half Mile Course Map:
A half mile of all out frenzy!
Expo Location & Time
Experience Event Center
Friday, October 25th 11am – 7pm
No day-of registrations.
During registration make sure to use the Facebook share option for $3 off registration.
Friends & Family Discount
You will receive an automatic 15% off when you register 4 or more people at the same time.
Refunds: Due to extensive logistical planning and commitments made in the race production process we have a strict no refund policy. However, you can change categories, transfer to another Runtastic Race* or defer your entry to next years race. The Transfer Fee is $8.**
*Plus price difference of race
*Transfer fee 21 days before the race is $15
*Transfer fee 3 days before the race $20
Use the following link to update your information, change race categories or defer to another Runtastic Event.
- Headless Horseman (to start the race!)
Aid Stations located at miles 2, 4 ,6 ,8, 10 & 12 for the Half Marathon and at mile 2 for the 5K. Water, Powerade, and Portapotties will be at each aid station. GU will be at mile 6. Oranges at mile 8.
Fear Factory Finish line:
- Bottled water
- Cold towels
- Medic Tent
- Finisher Medal
- Fear Factory Finish
- Costume Contests
- Sponsor SWAG
- Doughnut eating contests
- Face Painting
**Finisher Medals are given to registered participants with a race bib only after finishing the race.
Awards will be given to the top 3 Male and Female finishers in the Half Marathon and 5k.
Age group awards will also be awarded to the top 3 male and female finishers in the age groups below.
Age Divisions (Half)
- 14 & Under
- 70 & Over
Age Divisions (5K)
- 10 & Under
- 70 & Over
Awards will be given for overall and age group winners.
5k Over all Awards: 9:45 a.m.
5k age group: 10:00 a.m.
Over all Half Marathon Awards: 10:15 a.m.
Half Marathon Age Group: 10:45 a.m.
There is ample parking at the University Place Mall. 575 E University Pkwy, Orem, UT 84097
The Salt Lake City International Airport is 46 miles North.
Deals on local hotels coming soon!
Runtastic encourages people of all abilities to participate in Runtastic Events. For this reason, Runtastic has created an “Assisted Athlete” Category with the following policy:
- An “Assisted Athlete” is one who cannot participate in a Runtastic Event by themselves and needs the help of another known as a “Pusher”.
- Category and Prizes:
- Assisted Athlete and Pusher will both receive Bib Numbers, Packets and Shirts. Upon Finishing each will receive a Finisher Medal.
- Assisted Athlete and the Pusher will be placed together into an “Assisted Athlete” category.
- Assisted Athlete and Pusher are together eligible for awards within an Assisted Athlete category.
- The award is a single shared award presented to the Assisted Athlete and then to the Pusher if the Assisted Athlete is not physically capable of accepting the award.
- Assisted Athlete and Pusher are not eligible for Overall Awards or age group awards.
- Following USATF rules and regulations, Pusher is considered “aided” as they are not running the event completely free of any devices and therefore are participating and not competing in the Runtastic Event and therefore are not eligible for overall or individual age group awards.
- The Pusher is required to pay current Full Price for entry into a Runtastic Event.
- The Assisted Athlete is required to pay current Half Price for entry into a Runtastic Event.
- Register the Pusher.
- Email us at email@example.com to get the half off code for the Assisted Athlete.
- Include in the email the following:
- Full name of the Assisted Athlete.
- Full name of the Pusher.
- Pusher registration confirmation number
- Pusher may ride the bus to the starting line.
- Buses are not equipped to handle the different and varied needs of the Assisted Athlete and their gear and therefore if there is busing for the event the Assisted Athlete must provide their own transportation to the Starting Line of the event.
- A Vehicle Pass is required for transit to and parking at the Starting line. Vehicle Pass must be obtained at the Information Booth at the Packet Pickup/Expo.
- Vehicle must drop off Assisted Athlete at the designated area at the Start. Vehicle must depart 30 minutes prior to the start of the event.